November 5, 2021

Saved from the bin

 
When you use epoxy to create your sculptures (like I do) and things don't go as planned, you sometimes end up sawing off a part of your project. Starting over can be easier than manipulating the stone hard epoxy into a different shape. 

Over the years I gathered quite a collection of hacked off bits and pieces. I just can't throw them away, you never know when they might come in handy. 
 
 
 
Like this head. It didn’t suit the horse it was on, but it’s cute and I kept it. 

I also keep a ‘spare epoxy horse’ on my table, because I always mix too much of the stuff. Right now it’s a damaged Encanto resin, I’m using leftover bits of epoxy to customize him into a heavier muscled schoolmaster type of PRE.  

And what do you know, it’s a match with the head! 
 
 
 
His name is Devante. He still needs a lot of work, but I like him already.